The City Attorney routinely provides for the City of Charleston, its manager and staff and elected officials:
- Counseling and advising elected officials, City Manager, department heads, staff, boards, and commissions in a wide variety of legal matters.
- Rendering legal opinions at the request of all of the municipality.
- Attend all meetings of the City Council and Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning, and such meetings of boards and commissions as are requested, to provide advice and counsel.
- Be available for consultations with officials, administration, staff and citizens.
- Drafting, reviewing and updating ordinances.
- Legal research; monitoring pending legislation and case law.
- Prosecuting ordinance violations.
- Representing the municipality in all other civil litigation in the trial and appellate courts.
- Drafting, review of development agreements, and other contractual relationships; representing the City in the acquisition of real estate interests.
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by in Descending Order within category
2022 Adjudication Hearing Dates
2023 Adjudication Hearing Dates
2024 Adjudication Hearing Dates