The City Clerk's office preserves the City’s vital information, both present, and past for the benefit of the citizens of today and tomorrow. The Clerk's functions are various, but essential to the operation and welfare of the community. The City Clerk also handles requests for information as provided through the Freedom of Information Act.
Some of the duties of the City Clerk include:
Deborah Muller, M.A., R.M.C.City Clerk Email: email@example.com
- Keeper of the records—responsible for the safe preservation and accessibility of all ordinances, resolutions, bonds, contracts, books and papers belonging to the City.
- Seals and attests all contracts, ordinances, and resolutions.
- Attends all Council and Zoning Board Meetings and keeps records of such.
- Keeps all ordinances, resolutions and minutes indexed and in safe keeping and maintains updated codification of the City ordinances.
- Oversees Local Records Management through the Illinois State Archives.
- Serves as Liaison between State and local Historic Preservation Commission.
- Serves as Archivist for the City.
- Serves as FOIA Official.
- Serves as the local election official.
- Processes various City Licenses & Permits.